Ultra Developments were contracted to replace 500 panes of old , broken, damaged, and missing panes of glass, within both canopies, on both platforms 1 & 2. The project was completed on schedule over 15 week period. Work took place between trains, some work was also completed through the night.
- Replaced it with 7.4mm Bio-clean, self-cleaning, laminated glass
- Some of the glass was specially cut to shape to suit the bespoke angle of the canopy
- All original glass had to be carefully removed using purpose build scaffolding to allow the public to still access the platforms
- All traditional glazing bars where removed, sandblasted, and reinstated, ready to receive the new glass
- All the glazing was traditional putty pointing, to fall in line with the grade 11 listed status of this station